Monday 18 March 2013

The Charisma Myth


The Charisma Myth is one of my favourite self help books that I have read this year. When I first picked it out in the library, I wasn't really expecting it to be much of an eye opener however, as soon as I opened the book - it honestly changed my life!


If you haven't guessed already this book is about 'Charisma' , I know I was surprised too ! However, unlike other books which tend to biased and very one sided in terms, of just listing down their own personal experiences - Cabane here offers you a wide range of resources, organized neatly in chapters for you to choose from, that range from scientific facts to spiritual teachings.

I love the fact, that there are activities in each chapter as this helped me personally to try out each theory for myself and see if it's right for me. There are also little overviews at the end of each chapter, which let you revise over everything you read - as some of the chapters can be a little detailed.

This book isn't like any other. It's really simple and the advice she gives you is practical, you can literally do some of the activities whilst reading this book in the tube, in rush hour, on a Friday evening on the Piccadilly Line - that is how practical they can be!

There is a certain chapter in the book that stood out the most for me and it was the one about the different charisma's that you can have in different situations varying from social affairs, to giving presentations. It really gave me insight in how I should act in different situations and how to deal with life, when it gets a little bit awkward.

Get a sneak peek of the first chapter of the book here.

What's your favourite self help book ?

No comments:

Post a Comment